*2019 Application Deadline*
Clinical Psychology Training Program December 1, 2018 (includes joint applications to clinical and law-psychology programs)
All other programs December 15, 2018 (Developmental, Law-Psychology, Neuroscience and Behavior, Social and Cognitive)
Department of Psychology Interview Weekend is February 15-17, 2019. The individual programs have different policies about whether in-person or telephone interviews are recommended or required. Please contact program directors or watch the web site for specific details. Interviews are by invitation only, following review of the applications. We typically extend invitations to attend Interview Weekend about one month prior to the weekend.
Our New Online Admissions System
All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted electronically. We are no longer able to accept paper applications.
The online application process starts with the UNL Application for Graduate Admissions.
Once you have completed the Graduate Admissions application, you will be sent a user id and password to allow you to log into GAMES. You will complete the departmental application process in GAMES.
The GAMES application will request the following information:
- Personal Information such as contact information
- Academic history and credentials
- A Personal Statement (see worksheet for details)
- A list of any papers presented or published
- An indication of which program you are applying to and a listing of 2-3 faculty with whom you are interested in working
- Please have official GRE scores sent directly by ETS to the Graduate College. We also strongly encourage you to provide a PDF of your copy of GRE General and Psychology Subject (if applicable) Tests scores. Due to the volume of GRE scores sent, they are often not uploaded into your application in a timely manner. A PDF will ensure your application is complete by the deadline.
- Names and e-mail addresses of three individuals who will submit letters of recommendation electronically
For questions regarding the application process please contact:
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
Department of Psychology
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
238 Burnett Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0308
Note: Transcripts are to be uploaded into MyRED. You do not need to send additional copies of transcripts to the Department of Psychology.
Applicants to the Law and Psychology program must also submit a law school application to the UNL College of Law.
NOTE: Some application forms are in Adobe PDF format. If you need Acrobat Reader you can download a copy free at www.adobe.com.
It is the policy of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln not to discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.